Thursday, October 7, 2021

A Solo Trip to SD

I decided to make a solo trip to Mom and Dad's
on Wednesday.
I made it in only 11 hours and 4 minutes!


Our adventure today was to hike 

Boulder Hill 

and Flume Trail.

I like pictures of dead stumps and blue skies!

We couldn't have asked for a much nicer day.

The hike was possibly a little tougher than we anticipated

but it was beautiful.

We stopped for lunch on a slanted log.

Yes, I brought my crocheting along 
and did a little during the lunch break!

Part of the hike took us through a people gate in a barbed wire fence

and on to ranch land.

There's not much for the cattle to eat

but at least they have amazing scenery!

This was where we decided to turn around 
rather than go rock climbing.

We were all ready for a nap at the end of our adventure!

But instead we are planning our outing for tomorrow

before we crash for the night.

I am so happy that the fall colors are still here!

It was a super day
and I am looking forward to another one tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment